Hello friends, Last weekend I had a crafting get together at my house with 9 of my Stampin friends. We marbelized are own paper, made 3 different type of Easter cards, and enjoyed lunch together as well. It was a great success and I can’t wait to host another get together again soon. Crafting people are truly the nicest peeps…aren’t we? Here are a few photos of my event. My photos didn’t come out as good as I would have liked, I turned my camera onto auto but forgot to turn my lense off manual. :( I always take my photos of my cards on manual so I NEVER remember to do this. You think I would learn by now, as I have had the new camera for quite sometime. Grrrrrrrr! Anyho0, here they are!
My hubby is the one that taught me how to marbleize. Basically it’s taking ink and or paint and mixing it with oxen gall bladder ( yep you read this right) which causes it to float on top of a pan of carrigean, which is a seaweed type liquid that is made in a blender with distilled water. You then take a hair pick or stir stick and gently swirl it around till you get the effect you wanted. Then lay the paper in and gently remove right away, scrapping along the edge of the pan in hopes to get most of the liquid off. The ink and or paint sticks right to the cardstock. Alloy to dry. Being an art teacher and all, he always has such amazing ideas to do with the kids. It works well with ceramic too! Here is a photo of a ceramic egg we marbelized years ago. This was tricky to say the least.
The card at the top of this post is the card I made as my example for my party. Later this week I will show you the other two cards we made as well!
For the card Details I thought I would just attach the card directions I had at the work stations.
- Distress all edges of the 12 crumb cake strips
- Lay 6 of them out and tape the edges together on one side to make it easier to weave
- Glue down edges as you weave
- When finished adhere weaving to basket template and trim edges
- Add more distressing at this time
- Mold the basket with your hands so that it will adhere to card base and puff in the center
- Tie your choice of hemp or string around the basket
- Adhere basket edges to the card so that it puffs out in the middle a littte bit
- Glue in 3 out of the 4 grass pieces in various places inside basket
- Cut out your eggs with marbelized paper and die cuts when dry
- Arrange eggs in grass, some with pop dots and some without.
- Take last piece of grass and cut it apart and tuck it in between the eggs as desired
- Stamp sentiment on white cardstock and then cut out regular circle and scalloped circle from marbelized paper using dies and adhere using pop dots if desired.
- punch out butterfuly on marbelized paper and adhere to card and draw in antennas
Here are a few of my friends cards.
Now head on over to Just Us Girls and see what the design team and Guest Designer Jen has done with the photo challenge that Cheryl chose this week, I love how it so perfectly lined up with my Basket card. Also, I want to thank Jen Mitchell for being such a wonderful Guest Designer!
I am also linking up my card to the Mod Squad Challenge this week as well!